Friday, February 27, 2009

Bookmaking 101

So, I am taking this new class - Book and Paper Arts - and I LOVE it! We are learning to sew, bind, and cover books, as well as making our own paper from scratch! If you ever have the opportunity to take a class about this lost art, DO IT! You will not be dissapointed!

As for those of you who would like to learn how to make a book, I think these might be the best sites... one is for soft cover and one is for double cover... but if you are interested, do some research and make some different kinds, too! Mine are actually chip board covers to make them more sturdy.

Happy bookmaking!
love, t

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh, how beautiful!

    I'm still so jealous that you get to take such a fabulous class! And I do think that one of those is my lovely little journal!

    ReplyDelete